"Working at Symphony is in alignment with my personal goals of helping people bring balance into their lives and reduce stress. We are a team that works together in a harmonious, supportive way to serve clients."
Jan Fiore thrives on making life better for others, and she applies that passion to every facet of her job as an Administrative Assistant at Symphony Financial Planning. Whether she is assisting clients with scheduling an appointment or supporting advisors, Jan works toward a level of organization and efficiency that makes everyone’s work at Symphony flow smoothly.
Jan has a unique perspective of the work the firm does in managing clients’ finances. Prior to joining Symphony Financial Planning, she was a legal assistant working one-on-one with bankruptcy clients under the direction of an attorney. This was during the height of the Great Recession, and the experience she had in helping clients through one of the most difficult times of their lives gives her a heightened appreciation of being at the other end of the spectrum now, assisting Symphony Financial Planning’s advisors in helping clients plan for some of their best years of their lives.
In her life outside of the office, dance and the arts have been a passion for her since high school, having trained in contemporary and ballet styles until several years ago. From 1994 to 2017, she served as secretary to the board for the Pamela Trokanski Dance Theatre – a company she helped become nonprofit. Her movement studies now center on tai chi and qigong. True to her passion for helping others, she was a massage therapist for over 15 years. As an acupressure therapist and Reiki practitioner, she offers sessions to address women’s health concerns and stress management.
Education and Certifications
- A.A., General Education and Dance, Cal State University, Hayward
- Certified Acupressure Therapist, Acupressure Institute, Berkeley
- Certified Reiki Practitioner, Level III
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselor, Evergreen Herb Garden and School of Integrative Herbology
Interests and Involvement
- Served on the Pamela Trokanski Dance Theatre Board from 1993 to 2017
- Member, Associated Bodyworkers and Massage Professionals and Shibumi Reiki Association
- Spending time with family, especially playing with grandchildren
- Sharing Reiki with animals